10.10.2008

I got your freaking rating right here



So it seems clear now that, as expected, the world economy as we know it is coming to an end.

Naturally, we need a culprit. Here is my nomination: the credit rating agencies. I am not saying they caused this mess single-handed, but I don't think there is any other party that annoys me more at this time than this collection of buffoons that purports to know all about the default risk of things.

But not all is lost. In a world where money means nothing, monkeys will serve us for edamame. And by the time civilization recovers from the Credit Near-Extinction Event of 2008-3058, they will have written a new canon of literature that our successors will cherish forever.

My earlier promise to not write about the economy ... I am defaulting on that promise. Blow me.

No comments: