11.17.2009

This Domestic Life

I have a cold. This is a good excuse to spend a sick day and do my homework. These days I rather enjoy the comforts of home.



Recent scientific evidence suggests that the common cold is caused by a deficiency of jook, which is what Koreans call congee. Fortunately, I am getting quite good at making it, and I have loads of rice.



I recently rearranged my apartment. I like the new layout very much.



I called Spider-man to crawl up to the ceiling and take this picture for me. He agrees that this is the best possible layout and encouraged me to become an interior decorator. He is so gay.



Plant life has exploded in my new place. I had a bit of a scale problem on my/Ginna's orange tree, but a bit of neem oil took care of that. I was going to try ladybugs but they are only sold by the pound.



If anyone can help me identify my plants, I would appreciate it.



Pigeons have achieved air superiority over Cobble Hill. I would like to encourage large birds of prey to take up residence on my fire escape and raise a family.

4 comments:

eunnie said...

spiderman is right. this arrangement looks very nice. but i can't be sure until i check it out myself.
i'm driving down to peggy's place tuesday. will give you a call tues night/wed morning.

eunnie said...

ps: you need to make jook with glutinous rice!

Princess Risa said...

I always knew spiderman was gay. He came to decorate my place too.

Barney said...

The plant in the stripped container looks like lemon balm. The one on the right looks like a succulent. A portulacca. If it gets a bloom in the red, orange, pink family it probably is.